Wednesday 23 May 2012

"Convoy" by Buggy Barn

So over the last couple of days I've dug into my bin of projects and pulled out a few to work on.  One of them is this Buggy Barn quilt called "Convoy".  I've always wanted to try a Buggy Barn quilt but have been daunted by the process.  Well I'm 11 blocks into it and it's not bad at all. 

Here is the process:


Trace the design onto the paper side of freezer paper.


Layer 9 fat quarters...then iron the freezer paper design onto the top of the pile.


Cut apart all the pieces and keep them in order.



Rotate the pieces how the pattern tells you to.  Some piles I had to put the top piece onto the bottom .  Some piles I had to put the top 2 pieces onto the bottom of the pile.



Then sew all the pieces back together and bada bing bada boom!

I takes me about 20 minutes to sew the blocks together.  Shouldn't take me too long to get the top together.
Considering it's a rainy miserable day outside, I might just have it done today :)





No comments:

Post a Comment